onsdag, februar 02, 2011

Fay Dragonsbane's Tale

Sunday evening, I was texting with a friend from uni. My friend told me she had burned her hand. I asked if it was "a great tale to tell friends and foes alike". Her story was so epic, I decided to write it down in verse. It is this epic poem that this post is all about. I hope for your understanding, as the verse is crude and needs a lot of work if it is ever to be recited at any tavern or inn (at least if the audience is close to sober). It was after all written in a short amount of time, with no further correction. Note that any resemblance in name or person is purely coincedental and may or may not have anything to do actual people or places.

I have been told, I sometimes take jokes too far. This just might be one of those occasions. Enjoy.

Fay Dragonsbane's Tale


Come gather around,

both young and old.

For I have a story,

that needs to be told.

Greater tales?

I vow there are few,

than that of Fay,

who the dragon slew.


Fay was a woman,

from lands far away,

and how she came to England,

I cannot say,

Her hair was like night,

and she didn't stand tall,

but for she who slays dragons,

it pays to be small.


In the heart of London,

this story is set,

and Fay was there with her Pretty,

who was as fair as boys get.

But the dragon of London,

saw them from it's lair,

and took Fay's Pretty,

cause it hadn't eaten all year.


Poor little Fay,

she fell into despair,

cause loosing ones Pretty,

is more than women can bear.

But lucky for her,

she heard of three men.

Who, could with their power,

help her meet her sweetheart again.


She met with these three,

and by them she was told:

“To slay such a dragon,

it takes more than to be bold!”

Drink, game and lie,

one quest given by each.

And against these three men,

that ain't no walk on the beach.


So she drank against the first,

and owned number two.

She told the third one a lie,

and he thought it was true.

The gifts that they gave,

was fit for a lord,

armour and shield,

and a magical sword.


Fay went forth,

armed with cunning and steel,

and found where the dragon,

was preparing it's meal.

Our hero fought the dragon,

and cut off it's head, I am told.

Now Fay got her Pretty,

and also silver and gold.


Happily ever after,

they lived those two.

Of children I am told,

they had quite a few.

Now if you ever believe someone

joy should gain,

then tell them the great story,

of Fay the dragon's bane.